Monday, April 26, 2010

Stone Brewery in Escondido


OK, so it's not really camping or hiking but it's beer and I love beer so there. Anyway, it was a glorious end to our family camp out so I will go ahead and put our visit to the Stone brewery in here.

When you first enter the path from the parking lot you enter a cool tunnel with large rocks on all sides and vines growing over. In fact, there were big stones everywhere...all around the gardens, in the center of tables and even in the bathrooms which must have been thematic in some way but I am still trying to figure that out.







Maddie and Easton going down the "Stone Tunnel" towards the brewery.










Once inside, the working brewery is to the left and the restaurant/bar to the right. It has an Asian-industrial feel and the gardens outside are breathtaking. Two bars keep your beer in hand and families can be served in the dining area or order food from the bar and eat in or around the gardens. The bartenders are quite helpful and love talking beer. After I ordered my Oaked Arrogand bastard the bartender said it was his favorite of the 7 main stone beers. I asked him what his favorite overall Stone brew was and he introduced me to the Sawyers Triple. This is a charity beer with 100% of the proceeds go to helping kids with ALD, a neurological disorder. Our server told us to "drink all you can guys, cause, its for the kids."

Lunch fare is varied and colorful with lots of choices for all palates.

I chose the Tilapia Cheviche...

Bill liked his wild boar ribs...
And Heather with her wieners.

After lunch we all took the free tour of the brewery and after wards they serve everyone free samples of beer...for free. Four different samples of beer, free.


Some pictures of the inside of the brewery.



If you go out there let me know about your experience and definitely try the Sawyer's Triple.

Don't forget the free beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment